Friday, January 22, 2010

Destinations

On Monday the 19th I took advantage of our great winter weather and went out for a ride to one of my favorite destinations, The Shed Coffee shop in Belfountain. The route was fairly straightforward, up Heritage, up Mississauga, get some coffee and play around up in Forks of the Credit for a bit. I couldn't have asked for a better way to spend my afternoon. The temp was -4 and I had a slight headwind on my way north from Streetsville. Riding up Heritage road was nice but the ride really started to get fun once I turned off of King and started the long climb up Mississauga road. I can't stress enough how much I love this climb, it's about 8k long and slowly ramps up until you crest just before Belfountain and enjoy a nice downhill coast into town and the coffee shop. After the climb I rolled up to the Shed and was looking forward to a nice americano and a muffin. Only one problem, they don't take visa. After a little sweet talking and a promise to return I managed to score a free coffee and a place to sit and warm up my feet. After I downed my coffee I was off to hit some of my favorite dirt road climbs that were covered in ice and the usual crap that you would expect in January. The ride back was amazing, as always. A nice long downhill on Mississauga road and a tail wind down Heritage, good times. The ride on Monday was just what I needed to beat the blahs of winter, nice weather, good coffee and a few hours out of the house. This weekend should be above freezing, perfect weather for a ride to the shed.

Click for more info



No comments: