Saturday, January 1, 2011

Jan 1 Indoor Training

I started of this year without a hangover. It's either my tolerance is up or the bottle of Prosecco has low alcohol content. Never the less I decided to continue my training. The weather is incredibly mild this morning, so while I was in bed I convinced myself that riding outdoors was the best move, then I realized that we had more rain than anticipated. So I straped on my running shoes and ran for 6km before breakfast. The running was easy run since it's my first run in over 4 weeks.
I planned to ride today as well so in the evening I got dressed, put on CBC radio 2 and pedaled for a hour. Steady heartrate again and it's the first time in a while that I got off my bike and feel energized. As posted on our Via Ciclante Facebook page, I rode 39x15 at 60% of max heartrate. I need more of these workouts with longer duration. One pedal stroke at a time, patience is of the tallest order for 2011.

No comments: