Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Crank The Shield 2010... The aftermath.















Well, the weekend has come and gone and I'm almost walking normal again. The 2010 edition of Crank The Shield dished out every bit of hurt that I expected and then some. They said there would be mud and fu** me they were not lying. The race took it's toll on almost everyone's equipment and bodies. As for my "equipment" the Moots is in need of a face lift (bent/cracked deraileurs, worn chain/cassette, 4 sets of pads, 2 rotors, one Industry 9 wheel, bb and a blown fork) after all of this I'm starting to see the appeal of a rigid single speed. Now that I've had a few days back to my normal routine and had some time to reflect I have to say that I would do this race again no questions asked (in 2012*). Even though my body feels like it just fell out of a speeding car and my bike is toast nothing tops the feeling of accomplishment that I had when I limped my bike over the finish line with my wobbly front wheel and numb body. My 2010 Crank The Shield experience was truly epic, I had to dig deeper than I ever have before and it was an experience that I will never forget.

If you are looking for an epic challenge come by the shop and ask me about the race or check out the website for yourself. You will not be disappointed.

*the race will be run bi-anually starting 2012 so you will have plenty of time to train

No comments: