Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Bump in the night

So after being sold out on Saturday night by one of my friends I decided to strap the lights on the bike and go for a little rip to pass the time. Normally I wouldnt start winter night riding until there is at least a good base of snow down otherwise I always get taken out by patches of ice or get bogged down in loose choppy snow. Well, on Saturday night I experienced exactly that. It was bitterly cold but that is never an issue for me, generally the colder the better in my own scewed opinion. When I got to the the usualy sections of singletrack at Erindale the conditions were choppy at best but I decided to make the best of it, the trails up high in the valley near the 403 were relativly clear and I was able to do laps through my favorite section of trail enough times to tire myself out and enjoy the night. It was a pain in the ass to get out there but after the wet road section, the glare ice railtrail and the two hike-a-bikes I was treated to a 1.5k singletrack section that put a smile on my face and allowed me to get my heart rate up and pedal out all the stress of the holidays. It's been a while since I've been out on a night ride and even though there can be some hastles getting things organized and finding people to ride with, once everything comes together nothing can beat night riding.

No comments: