Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Crank The Shield

Early registration has opened for Eastern Canada's premier bicycle stage race Crank The Shield. I participated in the 2009 event back in September and even though I had a race ending mechanical on the last day forcing me to pull out, I will be one of the first people registered for the 2010 race. The terrain for the race had a good mix of everything from bombed out atv trails, rolling single track and dirt access roads. My Moots 29er was the perfect weapon for the varied terrain and the road sections. The cabins that they provided were perfect and the massive buffets of food and free flowing beer at the end of the night made for the perfect ending to each stage. This is one event to mark on your calender for next year if you are a serious mountain biker, just make sure that you train as much as humanly possible because the days do take their toll.

www.cranktheshield.com

No comments: